St. Magdalener Culinarium
August 31st, 2018
What is the best way to get to know a region and one of its best wines, such as the classic St. Magdalena? You can do it by meeting the producers! Living a day dedicated to the wines of St. Magdalena: this is the motto of the local producers, who will be there to reveal some of their secrets about one of the most famous native wines of Bolzano. St. Magdalener Culinarium - an event that all wine lovers should not miss!
On Friday, August 31st 2018, you can taste all the different varieties of the native S. Maddalena wine, served by 22 producers in the exclusive setting of the Parkhotel Laurin in Bolzano. One full day dedicate to taste, and much more!
The day opens with a guided tour of the city centre with focus on Bolzano as the wine town, and is followed by another guided tour of the S. Maddalena vineyard. After that, you will be able to enjoy the various activities taking place in the halls and in the beautiful garden of the Parkhotel Laurin, which, on this occasion, will be dressed in red ... get ready to be amazed by our rich program: wine tastings, masterclasses by Helmuth Köcher and a show cooking event by the Accademia Italiana della Cucina. Last but not least, do not miss the gala dinner in the evening, an oppurtunity to taste delicous food and rare wines as well.
A unique experience, which will let you taste the precious varieties of the classic St. Magdalena. The detailed program of the event is available here (in Italian and German language only).
- 10.00 am guided tour of Bolzano with transfer to the hill of Santa Maddalena
- 11.00 am guided tour of the vineyard with the sommelier Leopold Larcher
- 5.00 - 9.00 pm wine tasting of St. Magdalena; the producers will be present until 7.30 pm
- 5.30 pm and 7.00 pm Masterclass with Helmuth Köcher: St. Magdalena compared with Pinot Noir
- 6.30 pm Show Cooking Accademia Italiana della Cucina
- 8.30 pm gala dinner with exclusive menu and rare varieties of St. Magdalena in the Laurin garden.
St. Magdalener Culinarium is organized in collaboration with the St. Magdalena wine producers and the Consorzio di Tutela del S. Maddalena/Schutzkonsortium St. Magdalener. The Cassa Rurale di Bolzano/Raiffeisenkasse Bozen also supports the wine events of Bolzano.